An elder statesman, and a national board of trustees(BOT) member of the All Progressive Congress(APC) from Abia State, Prince Benjamin Apugo has lauded the developmental transformation going on in Abia State under the leadership of Governor Alex Otti, within few months in office.


Prince Apugo while fielding questions from journalists when he visited the Governor at his country home in Nvosi, Isialangwa South local government area of Abia State, appreciated the positive changes taking place in the State under Governor Otti, stating that those who were at the helm of affairs in the State for the past twenty-four years did not do well, and stressed that he could not see what they accomplished.

The Chieftain of the APC maintained that he is more interested in governance and performance, than partisanship and expressed optimism that the Governor would continue to deliver the dividend of democracy to Abians.

"My party does not mean anything to me, I am a Chieftain of the APC. My concern is my State. Today, I am happy about what is happening in my State.

"Before Governor Otti won the election, I told Abia people to vote for him, not minding the position I am holding in my party.

"I never bothered about the(Governorship) candidate of the APC. We had none. I told Abia people that this man(Governor Otti) will bring us back to life. That's what I told them, and all of them listened to me. And what I said that time, it's no longer myself alone now that is saying it. Everybody is saying that Abia has come to stay," Apugo reacted.

Prince Apugo said that Governor Otti has done what he wanted him to do, and therefore did not need any advice from him, and encouraged him to ensure whoever succeeds after his tenure follows the same track.